//Google Analytics

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sick

Ugggh...have you ever woken up either in the middle of the night or the morning just feeling like poo?? That was me this morning! I've finally admitted that I've got a cold. Had one for a few days now but I don't like to admit when I'm sick! I'm like my dad in that I hardly ever get sick! We've both got iron stomachs and strong immune systems. Two weeks after my wedding, there was a stomach bug that went around that not even he or I could avoid! That was just plain AWFUL.

Today...just a cold. But holy moly did I feel like garbage when I woke up. I had a rough time getting comfortable because my nose was all stuffy and my throat is hurting as little AND both my shoulders hurt! This has been going on for close to a week now and I still don't know why they hurt. First it was one shoulder, now it's both. Maybe I'v been sleeping on them wrong? Who knows. All I do know is that I woke up this morning with a throbbing headache, aching shoulders, sore throat and felt miserable and uncomfortable. I must've groaned because my husband asked me if I was ok and all I could say was, "noo." He immediately got up and started playing nurse.

Have I mentioned how awesome my husband is??

He asked me what was wrong and I muttered what I could. He then got me headache medicine, cold water, a cold, damp wash cloth, and---drum roll please---a foot rub at 7:15 AM. He then went on to get my lap top and turned on Dirty Jobs to take my mind off the pain, crackers to settle my stomach, a natural cold medicine and snuggled with me. After that he took the dogs out, fed them, and made me a delicious breakfast in bed. He even offered to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things that I planned to get today. He also offered to get me some chocolate. I must be out of my mind to have said no thanks!

Husband Of The Year Award!

You think all that is nice? You should've seen how perfect he was during that stomach bug. I won't even go into that!

He was even late for work so he could sit with me a little longer while I whined about how crummy I felt. Now he's at work and I'm feeling much better. Still sick but way better than when I first woke up. It's time now to get some homework done (tomorrow is the last day of the current 8 week section of classes that I'm in! Woohoo!) and summon the energy to run to the store. We'll see.

I hate being sick so much especially since I usually avoid it. I blame it on my little niece who I played with while we were back in Richmond last weekend! Haha. Ok, ok...I'm done complaining about being sick! I hate being sick but I also hate complaining about being sick!

Have the changing seasons caught you off guard too? How do you avoid getting sick? What's your best kept secret to get through your sickness? Do you prefer modern medicine or more natural methods? 

Till next time,
Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I try to reply to all of the comments so be sure to check back if you asked a question. You can also leave your e-mail address in the comment and I'll let you know when I have replied!